“Asturias Sostenible is developed by the FAS (Sustainable Asturias Forum for the knowledge and development of the rural environment), a non-profit organization, for the purpose of knowledge and DIRECT CONTACT between responsible consumers and producers of traditional and/or organic food products. A novel way to consume food with quality guarantees and social, cultural, and economic benefits for the Asturian rural environment (more information…).
The network will offer the following services:
- Accessibility to quality products directly from farmers, with the possibility of building a loyal relationship with a specific producer.
- Eco-agritourism: Possibility of visiting farms and getting involved in processes such as meat preparation or fruit harvesting, engaging in gastronomic routes or mountain routes through pastoral itineraries. Participants can also take part in other activities related to product preparation or production.
- Participation in specific sustainable development projects, implemented among network producers.
- Providing information about establishments participating in the network of consumption and production of local organic and/or traditional products.
- Complete traceability of products through the network. Consumers, through this website, will have information about livestock management or cultivation practices, products used such as food or fertilizers, mountains or pastures where extensive livestock grazes, and the locations of the farms.”